I am so pleased that I have this course to do for a number of reasons and the Color Your Day unit has been especially thought provoking for me at this time. It’s wonderful to be thankful and be able to take some time out and relax with craft.
In this unit I was encouraged to gain inspiration from my surroundings, explore the color wheel and try inks other than black. I took my inspiration from a tin that I had covering in contact many years ago that is now holding my Polychromos pencils. The neutral background and simple daisies I find very attractive. It also allowed me to use Kraft cardstock for the background instead of white.
- Neenah Classic Crest solar white cardstock 110lb
- Neenah Desert Storm cardstock 80lb
- Gold mirror cardstock
- Altenew Frosted Garden stamp set
- Altenew Nesting Labels Die
- Altenew Crisp Dye Inks – Grapevine and Evergreen
- Altenew Artist Markers – R335, G554 and WG01
- Gold gel pen
- Wow Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine Embossing Powder
- VersaMark ink
- Nuvo Stone Drops – Gold Rush
- Altenew watercolor pan – Mocha
So that is my card for this unit of work. I love it and it has also made me think about using my supplies in ways that I would not done before.
5 thoughts on “Color Your Day”
Lovely! Your swatch is wonderfu!
Thanks Rosie! Waffle Flower have a great range of stamps and dies to organise your inks. I find it really handy to have them when I am creating.🥰❤️
Your cards are just beautiful!!!
Thank you so much Teresa! I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look at my work.🥰❤️
This is done beautifully! Love the colour choice and source of inspiration, very unique.
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.