I just love the look of watercolor so you can imagine that I was quite excited to get into this unit of work. The first stamp that I purchased from Altenew was their Garden Hydrangea set because they are one of my favourite types of flowers. It is the perfect pairing for this activity, as far as I am concerned. Who does not love those gorgeously dreamy flowers!
In this unit of work you learn a variety of way that you can achieve different watercolor looks using a range of materials and techniques. I choose to use my Altenew Crisp Dye Inks to create my hydrangeas. Scroll through the photos to see how I made my card.
I ended up painting two hydrangeas for my card so that I would be able to have some dimenson. Once the pictures were dry they were then die cut using the coordinating die and set aside so I could work on the background.
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock 110lb and 80lb
- Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper 140lb 300g
- Black cardstock
- MFT Black & White Stripes 6×6 paper pack
- Altenew Garden Hydrangea Stamp & Die set
- Altenew Leaf Clusters Stamp set
- Altenew Fancy Thanks Die
- Altenew Crisp Dye Inks – Forest Glades, Evergreen, Arctic, Wisteria, Hydrangea, Ultraviolet, Andromeda and Jet Black
- Polychromos pencils – 249, 173 and 199
- Altenew waterbrush
- Marvy Jewel Picker
- White holographic gems
- VersaMark Ink
- Hero Arts White embossing powder
- Clear embossing powder
- Lawn Fawn glue
- Mister Huey’s Shine Color Mist
- 3M foam tape
- acrylic block
Looking forward to learning more and stretching my supplies.
Thanks for stopping by!
One thought on “Creative Watercolor Media”
Loving the layered look and the multi-toned flowers. Also like the different shades of greens used. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for entering your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.