This was an incredibly interesting unit of work which really got my mind spinning. I can’t wait to try all of the different techniques that I have learnt.
This is the card that I was finally happy with. You will see what I mean as I go through the process of making the card. I have actually made two cards because I wasn’t entirely happy with the overall feel of my original card.
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock 110lb and 80lb
- Altenew Paint-A-Flower Hydrangea Stamp Set
- Altenew Fragile Foliage Stamp Set
- Gina K Amalgam Ink
- Altenew Artist Markers – R705, R823, R702, C002, G702, G715, G554, WG01, WG03, 0
- Lawn Fawn Brick Stencil
- Ranger Texture Paste
- Distress Inks – Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
- Hero Arts Silver embossing powder
- VersaMark ink
- VersaFine ink
- Clear embossing powder
- Wendy Vecchi Make Art Station
- Old book page
- Heat Tool
- Masking Paper
- Silver & Purple embellishments
- Mod Podge Matte Sealer
So these are the two cards that I completed for my Demystifying Mixed Media unit. I felt that I was over doing it with the top card. I like the idea of having parts of the image uncoloured and will definitely use this technique in future cards but the lower card is more cohesive and I like the use of silver embossing powder along with the interesting addition of a chapter heading image from the old book I used.
As I said previously this unit has really got me thinking and I can’t wait to incorporate some of the techniques I have learnt into my cards.
Thank you for visiting 💕