As an Altenew Educator I was asked to be involved with their latest blog hop which was to highlight our favourite old/new Altenew stamp. If you have arrived here from Eva Bussom’s Blog, Pray Craft Repeat, you will already know just how many beautiful stamp sets Altenew have in their range.
Altenew is giving away a $20 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog by 4/4/2021 for a chance to win.
They will also draw a winner to receive a $15 Altenew gift certificate from the comments left on each of the designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew Winners Page on 6th April 2021.
I chose to showcase Apothecary Labels because they are so versatile and I also did a partial die cut so that my card can display itself.
Here are just some of the cards that I have made using this stamp set.
Blog hop participants
Altenew Card Blog
Fiona Duff – you are here
I have added some extra photos to show you how I created this card.
To do a partial die cut you only place the cutting plate on to the area you want to cut. If the part of the die does not have a cutting plate on it, it will not cut. It’s a great technique that allows you to get more from your dies.
I do love 💕 using alcohol markers and Altenew’s marker sets are particularly good for two reasons.
They come in well coordinated sets and have a wonderful small pen tip at one end.
Also keep in mind that you can also change the shape of your stamps.
Here I used my Misti and the shape of the label to get part of the sentiment to have a gentle curve.
Swipe to see the difference.
To get a more seamless look with the addition of a small die cut to the label I used the 005 fine black and brush pen to add black to blend it all together.
Once again I used partial die cutting, this time with the smallest die on the inside of the card so that it would be able to display the card. To complete the card I used a stamp from Altenew’s Say It With Love stamp set.
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock 110lb
- Altenew Apothecary Labels Stamp and Die set
- Altenew Sweet Flowers Stamp and Die set
- Altenew Birthday Builder stamp set
- Altenew Say It With Love stamp set
- Altenew Artist Markers – R302, R304, R318 and R335 (Red Cosmos set)
- Altenew Artist Markers – G702, G715 and G554 (Green Fields set)
- Altenew Artist Markers – Y204, R101 and R403 (Four Scoops set)
- Altenew Artist Markers – WG01, WG03 and 0 (Warm Gray set)
- Altenew Fine Liner Pen Set – 005 and Brush
- Altenew Satin Gold sequins
- Altenew Ink Sprays – Jet Black, Coral Berry and Frosty Pink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Gold Tinsel embossing powder
- Sizzix Big Shot
The next stop on the blog hop is
Be sure to pop over and see the next amazing creation on our Altenew Educator Blog Hop.
Until next time, keep crafting!